Incense Sticks & Cones
First, we will be using open flame, so be very careful. Prepare before you a glass of water into which you can deposit matches or, if something drastic happens, you can pour over a small fire.
- Light the tip of the incense with a flame (e.g., match or lighter).
- Stick the tip of the incense into the flame until it catches fire.
- Let the incense burn for a few seconds, then blow it out with a slow, steady breath.
- Keep blowing for a few seconds, until the tip of the incense becomes a red, steady ember (no flame).
- Let that ember smolder through your incense, releasing fragrant smoke.
- Dreaming Gates brand incense (the kind we sell at Coy o’teas) burns 1-2 hours. If you need to extinguish it before that, we recommend pushing the incense ember into the soil of a potted plant. That way, you can always re-light it when you are ready.
Be safe, and enjoy!
Important: to make sure your order is shipped quickly, Coy o’Teas sends incense out slightly damp with fragrant oils. Please be sure to “air it out” before burning. That means, either leave the bag open, or spread the incense out on a hard, non-plastic surface to let air get to it. (Why not plastic? Because plastic would absorb the smell and you would be stuck with it forever.)
© 2021 Dreaming Gates.
You should not copy this, but if you must, please quote a small amount and link back here.